Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Figures | Preorders | Heavy Metal



Oha!
A simple and unplanned post for today.

After reading several blogs (which includes Danny Choo's page, perhaps the most XD), I have embraced my figure-otaku side.
Truth be told, Figures did not entice me as much before but, then I did not know much about anime or manga at the time.
Now that I am more aware of certain matters, I am willing to spend money on figurines as their value means a lot to me.
The time and effort needed to create a figurine is not realised by many. Figurines and Plamo are shunned as simple 'kids toys'.

There is a certain charm and value that a figurine and gunpla has that a toy will never attain.
For those interested, I have preordered these two figurines:

~ Fate/Stay Night: Rin Figma (Max Factory)
~ Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu: Nagato Yuki Guitar-Wizard version (Max Factory)

I am counting the days before the arrival... it is oh-so-painful to wait ;_;

Deviating from the above content slightly, last night I took time out to enjoy an interesting animated film. The title was "Heavy Metal". As a Metal fan, I thoroughly enjoyed the addition of names such as Black Sabbath, Devo, Riggs...
The animation was brilliant, a gem for it's time. Featuring the first animated scenes of perspective flying, incorporating multimation, challenging the norms, metal music as the score, staying true to the original illustrators’ works...

Truly, a great movie.
I do recommend this title to anyone who can appreciate the above.

That ends this post. I do hope that this can be informative and enjoyable to those reading, I try to have variety in my posts.
Though, even If I am the only one reading this, I do enjoy the experience of blogging and I shall continue as long as I am inspired.

Till we next meet,
~suki

4 comments:

k said...

cool! thanks for stopping by my blog. you into heavy metal? i've got a few favourites. you know rhapsody, edguy, kamelot and nightwish?

btw, i've blog rolled you ^^

suki said...

@ K.
Thank you very much for your comment, visiting my blog and adding me to your blogroll. It is appreciated m(_ _)m
I enjoy a wide variety of music but, I'll add metal as my 'top' genre. I know of Rhapsody, Edguy, Kamelot and Nightwish; though I've only managed to obtain music of both Nightwish and Kamelot.
An interesting combination, indeed.

Persocom said...

Hello, I'll add you to my blogroll too ^^ Heavy Metal is cool, been ages since I saw it though. Hope you like your figures when you get them. I'm a figma fanatic.

suki said...

@ persocom-san.
Thank you very much for visiting, commenting and adding me to your blogroll ^-^
Heavy Metal is in a class of it's own, really. I enjoy both the music and unique art styles. The stories are well written and kept close to the comics, which is rare.
I'm sure that I will like my Figma's! I'm dying from the wait already XD